Many thanks to our members and supporters for making our 18th Annual Freedom Fund Dinner a success. This event is important to the branch as our primary fundraising initiative. The money allows the branch to continue in the struggle against injustice and to work for equal opportunity for all. The Freedom Fund Dinner has also become an opportunity for the branch to recognize those in the community who work to promote the ideals of the NAACP and the Newark Branch.
- Keynote Speaker: Linda L. Ammons JD
- Newark Branch NAACP Hall of Fame: Nathan “Doc” Hill
- Lifetime Community Certificate: Francis Samuel Matthews
- Lifetime Community Certificate: Arnold Saunders, Sr.
- Lifetime Community Certificate: Alvin Hall
- Youth Award: Jasmine Anthony
- Religious Award: Reverend Samuel Jackson
- Education Award: Edison Charter School Chess Club
- Community Service Award: Josie Roy
- Community Service Award Business: Shop Rite
- Community Service Award Organization: Sierra Club
Many thanks to our Freedom Fund Committee Members:
- Mary Dean-Moore
- Barbara Hayman
- Gary Hayman
- Morris Patrick Jr.
- Atwineda Patrick